ALREADY AVAILABLE IN GALICIAN, SPANISH AND ENGLISH
TRIPTYCHES OF THE ETHNOGRAPHIC MUSEUM
(Click on the desired language to proceed with its download.)
A STORY THROUGH THE SENSES
The Ethnographic Museum of the City Council of Quiroga is located on the ground floor of the Municipal Auditorium of Quiroga, in the Rúa Real in the capital of the municipality. It opened its doors on March 24, 2007 with the illusion of researching, recovering, bringing together, exhibiting and therefore protecting the Cultural Heritage in all its facets.
Today the ethnographic collection of our Museum, composed of just over 1000 pieces collected in the territory of the UNESCO Global Geopark Montañas do Courel, which unites the municipalities of Folgoso do Courel, Ribas de Sil and Quiroga, is one of the ethnographic collections most complete and interesting in Galicia.
The contents of the Ethnographic Museum of Quiroga are related, on the one hand, to the four typical products of the region: wine, chestnuts, oil and honey; on the other, with the four essential materials for the development of life in the environment: stone, iron, wood and fabrics. They also have their space, as it could not be otherwise, agriculture and livestock, the main room of the house: the fireplace and the endearing unitary school of our villages.
One of Salvador Ontiveros‘ famous cars and the magnificent printing press of the legendary El Derroche store can also be seen in these facilities for some time.
All the contents present in this collection find their synthesis in the recreation of a traditional village of these mountains with the exhibition of the models that were decorated of the Galician animated film O Apostolo, of “Artefacto Producciones“; where stone, wood, iron etc., find their place to facilitate the life of the people of this hard but grateful land.